Thursday, March 30, 2006

Stress Tip- Doing Two Things At Once Can Be A Recipe For DISASTER

This afternoon I was in a fender bender.

I was sitting behind a car at a red light. The car in front of me began to back up. I started HONK, HONK, HONKING so the car would stop. No way Jose.
The driver backed right into me. CRUNCH.

Was she on her cell phone? What do you think?

What a lesson in not doing two things at once.

Recently, I got to spend time with my dear friends Rick and Richard who are the marketing guru's for my friend David Allen. http://www.davidco.com/
David is one of the world's most influential thinkers about productivity. If you haven't gotten his book Getting Things Done, you owe it to yourself to trot out and buy a copy.

Here's the deal. Multi-tasking puts you under more stress than staying present and doing one thing at a time.

Think about that while you make dinner, return phone calls and check email...hopefully not while you are driving!

No comments: