Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Management Lesson From A 60's Rock Star


Last night my friend, Michelle Phillips, made me dinner and read her 7 page VANITY FAIR article for me.Jimi, Mick, Jack and Warren aren't 7 year olds at the play group...it Jimi Hendrix, Mick Jagger and former boyfriend best friends Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty. It was such a girls night...She would stop and spill the dirt that VF left out...I say politely with a big Cheshire cat grin. Here was a fun tid bit that I will share....

Jimi Hendrix- was a paratrooper in Vietnam...and a very polite guy back stage. Hmmm! Who knew.

That Warren Beatty sure did get around. Since I was a Young Thing in Hollywood,he pursued me. It seemed the meaner I was the more he liked me. Nope. Warren didn't even rate a kiss from me. Good thing from what Michelle tells me.


WATCH THE FILTER: Lesson from Monterrey Pop
Laura Nyro... 'Eli's Comin'
You KNOW that song follows me everywhere. Laura Nyro performed at Monterrey and thought that she was huge failure. She heard herself be booed off the stage. When Michelle and Lou Adler listened to the tape...she wasn't booed at all. On the tape some one was saying in a low voice... "looooooooove you." Imagine how often we mistake something positive for a boo.

No comments: