Sunday, November 09, 2008

How We Can Heal Our Political Divide


Dear Ivyfree,

I so deeply sorry to hear about how disrespectfully you were treated by your family.



If I am understanding you correctly, your husband's in laws have "spent eight years referring to me as a traitor and a friend of terrorists."



"my husband's family after they jeered at my political beliefs in a public place, openly guffawing at me- and this despite the fact that my husband and I have been married over 30 years"



Thank you for the courage of sharing this. I have the sense that there are many families in America that are being ripped apart by this rhetoric. I am on a mission to help heal our divide. It seems that the first step is making other Americans aware of how this is affecting families.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: