Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How I Survived!

In 18 months; I lost my marriage, business and health and ended up with $88,000 of corporate debt.

I needed hands on tools to lift myself out of my 'funk'. I was desperate.

Here are some simple things that helped me through my darkest days.

Reach Out
Pick up the phone. Call your friends. Even better go see your friends. Get and give a lot of hugs.

Water
Water is a key element. This is a huge de-stresser. Sure wine and Dr. Vodka numb the pain, but water will help your body over the long haul.

Protein
Eating protein is always a vital component in lowering my own stress levels. Studies show that people's eating habits deteriorate under a great deal of pressure. I know my eating habits did. "Stress disrupts people's normal eating habits. When they feel anxious or emotionally aroused or negative about themselves, they try to avoid these negative feelings by turning their attention to food," said Dr. Daryl O'Connor, a researcher at Britain's Leeds University. I have personally found that eating red meat is very helpful for lowering my stress. It is a food that fills me up and diminishes my sugar cravings. (Sorry my Vegan friends.) Please do what works for you.

Pleasers
Even If you are on a budget, you can make the items you consume deeply self-pleasing. Having a sister that lives in Italy has taught me a lot about the power of simple pleasures. If you are no longer going to Starbucks, you can make a cup of coffee that is Drive-Across-Town-Good. Serve it to yourself in one of your most beautiful cups. It tastes so much more satisfying. It sounds so good, I am going to do that now.


***
Are you ready to get out of the way and let your dreams have a say? Email Eli at info@elidavidson.com or go to www.elidavidson.com today.

Eli Davidson is a nationally recognized executive coach and motivational speaker. Her book, "Funky to Fabulous: Surefire Success Stories for The Savvy, Sassy and Swamped", (Oak Grove Publishing) has won three national book awards.

Eli is a reinvention catalyst, who can transform your professional and personal life from Funky to Fabulous

Bullet Proof Your Income -- Free 45 minute call with Eli!

Tuesday, March 17th
7 pm pacific, 8 mtn, 9 central, 10 pm eastern
45 minute call--- register at coaching@Elidavidson.com

No comments: