Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Gratitude and Inner Vision

My friend, Scott Webb, is a person who is legally blind. He is one of the most effusively grateful people I know. Strange as it may seem Scott’s gratitude and inner vision helped him to tune in to his brilliant inner vision and create brilliant television programming.

Though he was blind, he was the creative director that helped a twelve person start up grow into the industry leader, Nickelodean. He taught me the power of gratitude when he said,
“If someone offered to give me back my sight, I would turn it down. I’ve gained
so much. I’m such a bigger person for having found the good in being blind. I
found a magnificence I couldn’t have seen with my eyes.”
What gift might be waiting for you if you put on the glasses of gratitude?

No comments: