Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bode Miller SKIS OUT, Misses Giant Slalom Medal


I have never been a Bode Miller fan until now.



He skiied out and lost his chance at the Olympics. How did he handle his failure?

In my opinion he acknowleged how well he did. It is an incredible demonstration of the mind set of a peak

performer.

Here's what Bode said about his loss:



"I'm taking more risk than everyone else. That's partly why I'm able to get medals. It looks easy when you make it," Miller told The Associated Press in an interview after missing out on becoming the first man to win four Alpine medals at one Winter Games.



"When you crash like today, it's like, 'Oh, huh?'



This is what so impressed me.

"I did a good job today, too," Miller continued. "I was right there. I was right on the edge."



When I look back on my career, it's hard to believe the (stuff) I've been able to pull off," Miller said of his aggressive approach. "I take everything with a grain of salt. There are a million variables. But I also take some credit for it. I do go that way, all the time. I am willing to deal with the consequences, when a lot of guys aren't willing to deal with those consequences. So they don't take the risk."



Thank you Bode!
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: