Monday, March 20, 2006

Stress Managment Tip:Having a Bad Day....Play

I am having one of those days. The computer (under a year old) up and died. It’s been over a week for Sony to fix it. It just arrived back in our office and….it doesn’t work! Computer hell is just about all my team has been involved in for a week.
You might just think that mercury is in retrograde. I used to think that astrology was a bunch of hooooey. That was until I ran into Susan Miller. Susan Miller's site is The Best for all things astrological. http://www.astrologyzone.com/ Even if you aren't the type, go check it out. You might find some pretty freaky coincidences.

At this point, I’m longing for the days of pen and paper. But wait…that would mean I wouldn’t get to be blogging with you.

Here’s the deal. Having a bad day???
Take some time to play! It’s shown to strengthen your immune system. But wait there’s more. It increases your resilience when confronting stressful situations. I was so glad to see an article in The Capitol had a superb article on how play can restore you.

“Extensive research reveals that the positive mood produced by play is highly beneficial to learning and flexibility in thinking. Since play frequently involves other people, it has a significant influence on propagating positive relationships. Play is the headwater for the flow of positive energy that is essential to your physical, mental, emotional and social well-being.”

www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/read/2006/03_19-16/LIF>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad the computer is still dead..but I finished 2 of my finals today and now it's time to Play! See you Friday..hopefully we will have better news with the computer.

Funky to Fabulous said...

I am so, so, so, so proud of YOU!!!
and so is the boss.

xo, E