Friday, March 03, 2006

Success Tip-Don't Hire A Life Coach That Can't Prove That They Are An Expert In Their Field

Grrrr. I am steamed. There are so many out of work actors claiming to be life coaches, that it's giving the whole field a bad name.

Today, I was speaking with a VIP at a major hospital San Francisco. He told me that the only life coaches he knew were...losers that couldn't get a job. It makes me want to pull my hair out. Some of these scam artists went to a weekend workshop and voila they were coacahes.

Don't go for it!!!! Many people spend money with these "coaches", get no benefit and then decide that coaching doesn't work.

It's not true!!! A great coach can change your life.

How do you protect yourself from a "loser life coach"?

1. See if they have proved themselves in the arena you are in.
I am a career coach. Since I am single, you'll notice that I'm not marketing myself as a marriage expert.
2. Pick a coach that has a track record of success in the area that you want coaching in.
3. Get the names and numbers of clients that have worked with the coach.
4. Call clients and ask them about their experience. If it's less than a rave review, find a different coach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you looking for some highly valuable tips regarding Improving Your Self? Please feel free to visit my new blog. Nice blog that you have here by the way. I like it a lot. Take good care of yourself. Regards.