Monday, March 06, 2006

Success Tip- Have A Fun Fund


Yeah Baby!

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping. One of the best ways to stay motivated is to reward yourself for a job well done.

Many of my coaching clients sing the praises of having a "Fun Fund."

Here's how it works:
Reward yourself for finishing a project. Give yourself a specific amount of cash to buy something. It can be Goofy or Girlie or Groovy. Or all three.

Here I am with one of my friends at one of my all time favorite stores Hey, Kookla http://heykookla.com/index1.html . It's worth a trip to Montana Avenue to get into their wonderful mix of goodies!

I practice what I preach. Yep,I give myself a Fun Fund every month of a whopping $50 every month. Wheter I deserve it or not. Off I go to their Fab-u-lish store and get something unexpected and maaaaaaahrvelous.

Some times buying yourself something groovy is the best, best, best way to say, "I love you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fun fund is a must! Eli has been coming into my boutique, Hey Kookla, for years to treat her inner child. Everything she picks out is the perfect fun and funky gift to reward her fabulous inner self. I love her enthusiasm and youthfulness and I am now inspired to start my own fun fund, with which I will use to treat myself to the luscious bubble-gum pink Jill Stuart shoes I have had my eye on! They have a cute little bow and sparkly crystals...perfect for my inner girly-girl!