Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Success Tip-Speak UP!

Speak up! You teach people how to treat you.

I had an amazing experience of the power of speaking up. Being from the great Midwest (Kansas to be exact), I was raised to be nice. With a capital N.

The other day a radio host let me know 50 minutes before I was supposed to be on the show, that I had been bumped. This was after doing 3 and a half hours of research he had asked me to do.

The old me would have said nothing. The new me spoke up. Very nicely I let him know that I had indeed spent three and a half hours doing the research he requested. Funny thing.
He asked me to be on the show a few minutes later.

Today, I gave the SPEAK UP! Assignment to one of my coaching clients. She is a television producer. She spoke up to The Head of The Television Network. Phew! I was soooo proud of her.

Guess what. The Head of The Television Network was grateful for her honesty.

So, is there someone in your life you want to speak up to? Go for it and let me know how it goes.

No comments: