Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stress Tip- Being Positive Helps You Find Solutions

Are you having a crappy day?

Mamma mia, I sure was. So many great things have been happening. I wasn’t prepared for the slap in the face of a guy in my life acting like a butt head. Instead of lashing out I tried to find a solution.

Is there a problem that has you stymied?

A great article in The Tide Online spoke about the benefits of being positive.

US Psychologist Barbara Fredrickson calls it the “broaden and build” model of positive emotions. “Positive, more optimistic emotions give rise to patterns of thought that are more creative, flexible and receptive. It’s a compelling reason why you shouldn’t settle for feeling tired, bored, angry and fearful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»