Friday, December 19, 2008

Help For Oprah: 'Tis the Season of the Binge

OPRAH!!! (I am saying that in your Oprah show voice...so hopefully you will hear me.) O Magazine just arrived on my doorstep. There you are. Skinny Oprah and Fat Oprah. I feel your pain. I have been there.

Your comments tell me that a diet you haven't tried is TLC -- The Low Criticism Diet. You are teaching living from the inside out, and I will wager you a very large some of money (in Eli dollars) that if you really give yourself the TLC Diet, that will be the last diet you will need. I will be sharing it with you over the next month. But first:

Stop beating yourself up. Stop the rigid diets. Start accepting yourself.

Self criticism is one of the most fattening things around. The more you demean yourself for having a 'food mistake' the more you fuel having a binge. One binge fuels the next and all of a sudden you can't fit in your Obama Inauguration dress.

Until you reinvent your way of being with yourself, your weight is always going to victimize you.

Oprah, when you say, "I'm embarrassed. I'm mad at myself." you show that you haven't addressed the judgmental mindset that is a key component of yo-yo dieting. I should know, I have waged the same battle myself. The Low Criticism Diet is the only diet that silenced the insanity of my 20 year battle with food.

Remember food isn't the issue. Self love is. Don't feel bad, Oprah. Women gain between 8 and 15 pounds between Halloween and Christmas, said Jone Novek, wellness expert in Scottsdale, Arizona New York City. As an executive coach for women I am seeing a trend of working women putting their health at the bottom of their "To Do List." Does this sound like you, Oprah? I watch more and more women grumbling at the thought of prying themselves away from the office and toward greater health. During the holidays it gets even worse.

No comments: