As a women small business owner, the current environment is a perfect storm of stress. It is just as tough on your employees. 40% of employees in a recent Harris Interactive poll said their productivity was negatively impacted by layoffs. Sixty-six percent said that morale has suffered and people are less motivated, and 64% report that there’s too much work and not enough people to do it.
Watson Wyatt/World at Work’s 2009/2010 U.S. Strategic Rewards Survey found:
* 41% of employees think changes the business made has had an adverse impact on quality/customer service.
* 44% of employees said there’s been a negative impact on productivity.
* 79% of employers said there’s been a negative impact on employee workloads.
* 64% of employers felt employee work-life balance has been adversely impacted.
* 69% of employers said cost-cutting made managing work-related stress worse.
As tough as it is, aren't you glad that you are the boss?