Monday, October 09, 2006

Savvy Tip...Finally Some Help With Customer Service

Ever have a company sell you something that just wasn't right? We did. Our HP printer went on the fritz within 6 weeks of buying it. http://www.HP.com. The color ink was supposed to last for 4,000 sheets and didn't make it to 500. At $400 a pop this did not make me a happy camper.

Even worse their customer service did nothing. I spent one day of over 2 hours on the phone trying to get some human to help. When they finally got someone to our office, they told us the printer was having a problem becuase of the paper.

Thank goodness for www.GetHuman.com. This is a data base of direct dial phone numbers to get real live human beings to help with your problems. http://www.gethuman.com/

I'll keep you posted. If you try the site let me know.

3 comments:

Marla Bronstein said...

I actually have the link to gethuman.com on my desktop. I use it ALL THE TIME! love it. love it.

Funky to Fabulous said...

love to hear that!

what a great idea.

Michael said...

Uh, you do know which of your old friends used to work for HP, and even spent some of his time there in customer service, right???

OK, It's been a long time, and I probably don't know anybody there anymore, but I do know how to navigate the minefield.

In this case, all I can do is tell you why you probably aren't going to get any help from them anyway. "4000 pages" is the most optimistic estimate they can give you, based on very conservative assumptions about use. If you're printing lots of pictures, it'll be a fraction of that. Remember that they make their money selling ink, not printers. Oftentimes, it's better to get a more expensive (commercial grade) printer that uses larger and cheaper ink cartridges, but they'll never tell you that either.

-mg