Thursday, March 06, 2008

Stress Expert with Tips To Avoid Burnout

Do you have "more to do than time to do it?" My bet is....yes!

As a motivational speaker, I have the privilege of seeing a variety of work environments. This week I am the keynote speaker for the Combined Claims Conference. Boy, folks in the insurance industry are frazzled. As a business coach, many of my clients work from home. What is the common thread between those in the corporate world and small business owners?

Stress! There isn't an audience member or coaching client that I work with that doesn't have "more to do than time to do it." So, my friend, I bet that like the rest of us you are stressed by the amount you need to accomplish.

Stress Buster Tips. The first step in reducing stress it to "Grab the Wheel". The bottom line of stress is that it is the sensation of being out of control. Taking an active step positive-even a small step- will lower your stress levels. Why?

Any positive step you take demonstrates that you are in control. Even for 15 minutes.
"Anybody can do anything for 15 minutes."

The key in this equation is to make the step so small that you can actually do it. Since you are bombarded with interruptions, taking that small step may get lost in the shuffle. How to solve this?


Your PDA Can Be Your Stress Buster!
Set an alarm on your PDA, phone or computer to do at least one of the following:

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk
Lunch can be a great time to "Shake What Your Mama Gave You". Smiling while you walk is a fabulous anti-depressant. If you can't get in 30 minutes...do 10 minutes and smile extra big.

2. Set your alarm for Quiet Time.
Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Breathe and listen to your heart. Buy a clock if you have to.

3. It's Bed Time
Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows. You know I am always recommending to set your alarm to go to bed and get more sleep.

4. It's A Great Day
When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My intention is to enjoy my life today. Today I will _________ to share my gratitude.'

5. Fun is Free
Make time to have more fun! Play games ( there are some good ones in my book) and of course....read more books than you did in 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.