Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My KTLA Morning News at 9 Segment

Good Afternoon "Funky to Fabulous" Fans!

This morning I did a LIVE appearance on KTLA/CW's Morning Show with hosts Jessica, Cher and Michaela! Take a look at the video, as I had so much fun sharing my tips and turnaround techniques.
In the photo above I was showing off my "Happy Shoes!"


Check out the video and also I have included a recap of what we talked about today!
http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/morningnewsat9/?track=nav


Jessica & Cher & MY BOOK!

Mark Kristi with positive post-its to start his day!

Here is a recap of the segment:
15 minutes to a Fabulous Day!

Using 5 Unexpected Objects – to change you and your loved one’s lives!
  • Quarter Jar – Take two jars (one positive & one negative) Pay yourself to pay attention to what you say. We don‘t realize that what we say can affect other people and ourselves. Anytime you or someone at home or the office says anything negative - put a coin in the negative jar and vise versa for positive.
  • Set your alarm clock…to remind you to go to bed! Set it 15 minutes earlier than your normal bed time for a week. Many Americans sleep account is overdrawn…start making deposits again!
  • Happy Shoes & Outfit…Grab your favorite happy shoes (you know the ones that make you feel like a rock star) mine just happen to be a pair of lavender suede Bond Girl go-go boots! Yeah they were a fashion no-no but I felt very special in them, and got many compliments! Walk with an extra sass in your step. Grab that favorite outfit to go along with it and hit the streets!
  • Post it! All over the house that is! Empower yourself or a loved one through the art of post its! I recently had a client go through a divorce and I hid post its all over her house with positive affirmations (“you are loved”, “yes you can!” Etc). The client was still finding them 6 months later.
  • Vacation. Have the courage to take a vacation. Even if that means camping in your backyard…I did this when I couldn’t really afford to travel. Take a vacation from your cell phone!! I shut my cell phone off, stepped away from the TV and dug out the tent. That night under the stars made me feel like I had gotten away.

No comments: